An Insider’s Guide to America’s Fastest Growing Brands
While the world’s biggest marketers are all searching for growth, a new growth sector within the American economy has quickly emerged over the last few years: Direct-to-Consumer.
DTC brands have been a disruptive force throughout society and are siphoning market share from legacy companies in even the most established categories.
Within this guide, you will learn about:
- The impact the DTC segment is having across categories like pet care, mattresses and luxury goods
- The DNA of DTC brands and their innovative approach to growth and the consumer
- The core characteristics of the DTC Shopper backed by 75+ need-to-know stats – who are they and what motivates them?
- The evolutionary path of DTC brands from inception to maturity
- How incumbent companies are looking to DTC brands for inspiration
Here are the 5 Insights Essentials from Deciphering Direct-to-Consumer.
- DTC brands are finding success across categories with their ability to evolve with consumers and fulfill specific needs
- DTC mattress brands already account for 20% of market share within the category.
- DTC brands differentiate themselves from other products and competitors by adhering to a common set of seven core principles
- See how these core principles have successfully tapped into a rising class of time-pressed, tech-savvy consumers.
- Four custom archetypes were developed to understand the mindset of the DTC Shopper
- Mobility, early technology adoption, convenience, comfort, knowledge and advocacy highlight the main characteristics found within the four archetypes.
- DTC brands are continually evolving their strategies and tactics as they mature and look to become a household name
- Many DTC brands establish their customer base through social media then add platforms like podcasts and, ultimately, multiscreen TV to reach a broader audience.
- They inspire, and are also acquired by, traditional companies
- Several DTC brands have been so successful that they’ve been acquired by legacy companies.